Ready-made charge for multiple targets
The Multi-Purpose Strip Charge is a pre-made advanced breaching tool that incorporates PRIMASHEET® 1000 explosive sheet, a SOB® Slip-On-Booster, and Detonating Cord into a ready-made charge for explosive door breaching. The Multi-Purpose Charge contains a rubber strips that increases the charge’s performance against both push and pull doors. Both sides of the charge have hydrogel tape for easy attachment to the target and have easy-pull tabs to remove the backing strip. The charge includes a length of detonating cord for connecting standard detonators. The charge assembly is vacuum-sealed in a barrier bag for maximum protection and storage life. The Pre-Made Charge is manufactured under controlled conditions, providing high consistency, quality, and reliability. All of the explosive components are designed, manufactured, and qualified for use by United States Military and International Forces.
- Designed to defeat lock sets on wood and metal doors
- No field assembly required – open and go
- Dual use:
- place the PRIMASHEET® side against target for defeating wood and light-weight metal pull doors
- place the rubber side against target for defeating wood and metal push doors
- Charge size – 0.65” wide x 14” long (16 mm x 356 mm)
- PRIMASHEET® 1000 (PETN based) – 0.65” wide x 14” long (16 mm x 356 mm)
- Detonating Cord – 50 gr/ft (10 g/m) – 10” (250 mm) for attachment of standard military detonators
- SOB® Slip-On-Booster – for reliable initiation and detonation transfer
- Hydrogel – for target placement
- Rubber strip – for improved target defeat
- Compliant with Montreal Protocol taggant (tracer) levels
The Multi-Purpose Strip Charge is deployed by removing the backing strip from the adhesive on the desired side of the charge. The charge is then placed on the specific target location (typically between the lock set and the door frame) and pressed in place. Once the charge is deployed, the detonator from an EBAD SKIN-PACK® or equivalent initiation device is attached to the Detonating Cord using an accepted method of attachment.