Robust Shock Tube Detonator Assembly
The SKIN-PACK® is a robust shock tube detonator assembly with an integrated M81 firing device and a military strength detonator. The shock tube is precision coiled and encapsulated in a thermoplastic “skin,” eliminating the spool, reducing the overall weight of the unit and simplifying deployment.
The detonator is deployed by pulling the tab from the bottom of the device, releasing the detonator. The shock tube pays out of the bottom as the user retreats to a secure location. The unit is fired by removing the safety pin from the M81 integrated firing device and pulling the pull ring. When deployed, the “spool-less” design of the SKIN-PACK® results in only the initiator left in the user’s hands. Available in lengths of 50 feet to 1,000 feet (approx.15 meters to 300 meters) and single or dual 2.5 millimeter (0.100 inches) shock tube.
- Close quarter breaching
- Military demolition and EOD
- Compact ergonomic design
- Minimal training, seamless transition from spooled devices
- Deployment of shock tube is nearly silent
- End of shock tube deployment indicator
- 2.5 mm (0.100 inches) single or dual shock tube
- Detonator waterproof to 200 feet (60 meters) for two hours
- Detonator is an instant M6/M7 equivalent high strength (Reliably initiates C-4)
- Functions by means of an M81
- Operational temperature range: -50°F to +125°F (-46°C to +52°C)