Pre-made advanced breaching tool
The Modular Stick Charge is a pre-made advanced breaching tool that incorporates the latest in new materials with 0.5 inch tamping gel, auxetic foam, PRIMASHEET®1000 explosive sheet, a SOB® Slip-On-Booster, and Detonating Cord into a revolutionary ready-made charge for explosive door breaching. The Modular Stick Charge has tamping gel and auxetic foam that increases the charge’s performance against both push and pull doors. The charge includes a length of detonating cord for connecting standard detonators. This same length of detonating cord incorporates the revolutionary connecting system that allows users to add or takeaway sticks depending on your target.
The charge assembly is vacuum-sealed in a barrier bag for maximum protection and storage life. The Pre-Made Charge is manufactured under controlled conditions, providing high consistency, quality, and reliability. All of the explosive components are designed, manufactured, and qualified for use by United States Military and International Forces.
- Designed to defeat lock sets on wood and metal doors
- No field assembly required – open and go
- Modular Design:
- unique detonating cord connecting system allows users to connect additional charges
- Charge size – 0.65″ wide x 14″ long (16 mm x 356 mm)
- PRIMASHEET®1000 (PETN based) – 0.65″ wide x 14″ long x 0.062″ thick (16 mm x 356 mm x 1.5 mm) slotted configuration
- Detonating Cord – 50 gr/ft (10 g/m) 7″ (18 mm) for attachment of standard military detonators
- SOB® Slip-On-Booster – for reliable initiation and detonation transfer
- Hydrogel – for target placement
- Tamping gel – for improved target defeat
- Compliant with Montreal Protocol taggant (tracer) levels
The Modular Stick Charge is deployed by removing the backing strip from the adhesive on the desired side of the charge. The charge is then placed on the specific target location (typically between the lockset and the door frame for push and middle of the door for pull doors) and pressed in place. Once the charge is deployed, the detonator from an EBAD SKIN-PACK® or equivalent initiation device is attached to the Detonating Cord using an accepted method of attachment.
|PART NUMBER||DIMENSIONS||EXPLOSIVE MATERIAL||NET EXPLOSIVE WEIGHT||HAZARD CLASS|
|D12348-1||0.65″ wide x 14″ long
(16 mm x 356 mm)